Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Task 3C - Current Sources of Information


My current 5 most important sources of information are:

Google
I use both Google search and Google reader a lot. Google search is used mainly to research and find information on personal topics such as finding out information on new choreographers, nutrition, fitness exercises etc as well as helping me with BAPP. Where as I use Google reader purely for BAPP. As I am not able to access the internet a lot Google reader gives me the opportunity to see many posts all on one page even when I am offline (after saving the web page) This has been a great tool for me in the past few months.

You Tube
I use Youtube to research different dance styles, to look at different choreographers and to find inspiration for new choreography for myself. I can easily spend hours on here just watching dance, getting ideas from other people’s works that I can adapt and use techniques in my own.

Facebook
I use Facebook as a tool to collect information from other people, through contacts I know and to find new contacts. A lot of dance companies now have their own Facebook page, this makes it easy to what is going on with them, when they are next performing, auditioning or to see what their current projects are. 

Books/Magazines
I like to use book and magazines to find information as I find it a lot easier to read from a book and often find they can hold more detailed information. Magazines are also very good to keep up to date with what is going on in the dance work and also to see audition listings. I particularly like Dance Europe as I find it the most relevant to what I want to do.

Colleagues
My colleagues are an invaluable source of information. Working with such a vast amount of people from all different cultures there is a lot of information and experiences I can get an insight in to. We also talk a lot about our performance, saying where we went wrong and what we can improve on. This not only helps to clean the show but also develop me as a dancer as I am able to take suggestions of how to improve my style. 

3 comments:

  1. Its correct to cite your colleagues as very impoartant sources of information - perhaps especially useful as you knwo then well and can judge the extent to which you give credibility to what they say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily How are you doing on the tasks in Part 4?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula!
      Just started on task 4. I have lots of ideas but just trying to organize them and work out what is relevant to my current professional practice as well as looking in to what i want to do in the future.
      I have posted about my initial thoughts for task 4a but not sure what to do still though.

      Delete