Thursday, April 26, 2012

Task 6A


I have contacted a friend, and colleague, who has worked as both a dancer and choreographer. She is currently living in Germany so I though this would be a perfect situation to experiment with interview via email.

I have researched about the best way to approach an email interview and the consensus seems to be keep the questions to a minimum so to the interviewee doesn’t get too overwhelmed. I decided to just ask 5 questions all of which are fairly broad, giving the interviewee the chance to expand on their answer and tell me in their own words their experience.

The questions I posed are:

Where did/do you find choreographing work?
How did you gain the relevant experience in choreography?
Do you still perform? Which do you prefer/why?
Can you tell me how you made the transition from performer to choreographer?
What initially made you think about becoming a choreographer?


What do you think? Too broad? Not hitting the right topics?
Feedback would be great!

Emily J

No comments:

Post a Comment