Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Task 1A

Hi every one,
So I have been super busy with rrhearsals recently but only 3 more days until our supervisor leaves and rehearsals are over. Hopefully I will be able to get off the ship and use free wifi so I can get some work done!
I wasn't sure if it meant we had to write our CV as you would hand it to an employer or write it almost like an essay. From looking at other peoples blogs I have found a mixture of ways to do this and people using both formats. I decided that I would do both:

CV: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B57z1aMifM_l532WXHijCbr2l_sIEQRYpCj2Q83n-y8/edit?hl=en_US

Slightly confused as on word this was only 1 page and had a photo but on here has 2 pages and no photo. Does any one know how  can fix this?

Personal Profile: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15JY8yGa6BLrYg711j9Z60kxj0K4Bgnyf6OVgGycUgsw/edit?hl=en_US

I would appreciate any feed back on both aspects and some help as to what we are meant to do and where we are meant to publish it as I am a bit confused?

Emily x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Emily
    Your CV reads very well and I would say that you have written it in the format that an employer would read it. As for the photo not being visible, not able to help out at this moment, I would suggest the youtube tutorials for doing this. I'm finding those usefull. I'm still finding my way around it...

    Your personal profile is very well laid out gives me your feelings and thoughts,as well as facts, as it should.. It must be very exciting working on this cruise ship. Best wishes.
    Corinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily,

    Your CV is very clearly laid out and accessible. I have found that although Google Docs reflects MS Word in many ways, some of its capabilities are limited when you are trying out things you would normally expect to work straight away. The pictures/formatting is an issue, and I would suggest that when you get free wifi you try to re-insert the image directly to the Google Document. (There are only 2 possible image settings in GDs - in line with text/fixed - so if you have it on a different one in Word, there's a chance it just flew off the page in that irritating way it sometimes does for no apparent reason!!)
    I only have small suggestions -you could add in the BAPP course and remove the 'studying' from the Hammond Diploma. The rest is just manoeuvring it to either all fit on one page, or so that the headings line up. Again I think this is a Word/GD compatibility issue with formatting, and something you can play with when you have free internet! The good thing is that you can now edit directly in Google Docs.

    I like your Profile - although it is brief and to the point you seem to have successfully covered all aspects of your career and training to date, with some interesting details. Perhaps you could refer to your scuba diving/skiiing at some point? - listed on your CV, I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily, Corinda and Aïcha have given you sound feedback on your CV and JD (good work Corinda and Aïcha). What I would like to say is that it is very challenging to come through schooling and professional training, and then work in your industry without expecting others to validate what you do - yet this is precisely what we are asking you to do. The reason for that is that while yoru dancing will continue to be shaped by the comments of other dance profesionals employers etc, the conduct of your wider professional practice is down to you and you alone. So in a way, I wuld be more interested in your own evaluation of the CV and JD.

    Great start, keep engaged and in contct with Corinda and Aïcha as they give good comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thank you for your feedback, it has been really helpful. I have looked at my Personal Profile and made a few changes so will upload it as soon as I can.

    Alan, I was wondering if we could arrange a time to talk as i am a bit confused on some of the tasks and what is expected?

    ReplyDelete